Sunday 13 September 2015

The unforgettable Friday night

Hi! Sherman here, I should've posted this on Saturday, but Friday night really took a toll on me. I was relaxing and resting the whole of Saturday because my legs were aching, my throat was sore and my body felt so tired, but I must say the memories that night really were amazing. 

Yi Wen and I hurried to shower (of course in different bathrooms) and were out in 5 minutes flat, surprisingly that's all it took to get the stench of sweat of our bodies, we were tired and our muscles were aching from the long volleyball competition which lasted the whole Friday morning and half the afternoon. Yi Wen's team came in 2nd whereas mine came in last, I was pretty bummed about it but that had to wait for another time because we were late!

I dressed up, put on my shoes and got my dancing uniform so did my friend who was carpooling with me to the dinner. We hopped into my mom's car and she drove us to the venue. Upon arrival, I could already see the other prefects finishing up the final decorations and preparing the gifts. Yi Wen went on ahead to practice his dance routine and I met up with my fellow emcee partner for the night, Hazel. 

We did many mic checks and went over our scripts a couple of times while the others were doing their own final rehearsals. It was 4:30 p.m. and the VIPs were arriving in 2 hours so everything had to be set up by then. Finally after 2 hectic hours, we were ready and set to go, The Prefects' Annual Dinner 2015 was about to begin. 



The arrival of the VIPs !!!!





Hazel and I, the 2 emcees for the night
The prefects greeted the VIPs one by one as the walked in. Once everyone had arrived and all were seated, it was the emcees' time to shine. We started off the event with the usual Malaysian routine by singing the national anthem. Then it was time for some speeches presented by great people. 




Mr Hanif giving his inspiring speech














Dinner began shortly after, it was an all you could eat buffet. The counters were filled with Malaysian food, from mamak style mee hoon to sweet and sour chicken to the famous chinese dessert 'lin qi gang'. Dinner only lasted for about 30 mins before the performances began.


The prefects and En Aseri taking their food

YEA PREFECTS ARE THE BEST!!!

My face doesn't seem to look right....

The year 8s were up first, which means it was time for me to bless the audiences with my superb dance moves(seriously failed at doing so). The performance was great, it included a cheer, dance and even a song. WOW!




And so the event went on, me being the awesome and humorous person I am decided to crack a few puns along the way and ended up laughing at myself. Good job Sherman, good job. I even did a few weird things on stage and I'm really really embarrassed about it even right now, thank god Mr Arman, our photographer didn't catch those moments.
What an amazing face I have

As for the performances, there was a sexy dance (literally),an a cappella group showed up, there was a violin performance, more singing and for the last performance it was a multimedia presentation. 
SO MANY PERFORMANCES!!! 
The Sexy Dance, Probably everyone's favourite performance

But that wasn't all.... There was still a game. It was called picture charades, basically I had to draw something and the audiences had to guess it within an amount of time. I was surprised they were able to do it though, considering how bad my drawing was.


Tried to draw 1D, failed miserably 




And of course what dinner would be complete without a best dressed award. But it wasn't won without any effort, the nominees had to do a dance off, all super hilarious and entertaining but there was only one winner for each category(male and female) and here they are:
Pure definition of FABULOUS 
The dinner ended with a certificate giving ceremony to the previous prefect executive committee. There was also a token of appreciation given to the best prefect advisor we could ever ask for, En Aseri. Then it was time for the VIPs to take their leave. 


Sean giving the token of appreciation
Make way my minions *does a fabulous pose*

However the night didn't end for the prefects because it was time for photo taking and it was awesome !!!! (you can see all the pictures if you click here) I'll be posting some here. 
The buff gang

The current excos
What's better than roses in your mouth
I think you see it too XD
And finally.....
My prefect family :)

I was tired, my body was aching, but the memories I gained were definitely worth all that pain. Thank you for reading. :)


This time we won't be doing a joke, instead it'll be a quote. 


Quote Of The Day #1
Every experience, good or bad, is a priceless collectors item. 

No comments:

Post a Comment