Tuesday 14 July 2015

Music Video Review

Dear Future Husband by Meghan Trainor - LOVE IT !!!!


Hi Guys! So...as you can see from the title, today we'll be doing a music video review on Meghan Trainor's 'Dear Future Husband'.You can Click Here for the lyrics of the song. Each of us will be doing our personal reviews, hope you enjoy it. :)


Pop Star Trivia! -- Meghan Trainor
Born in December 22 1993, pop star and song writer Meghan Trainor has been known to publish songs with catchy beats such as 'All About That Base which topped the US billboard Hot 100 last year and 'Lips Are Movin' . 'Dear Future Husband' which was the third track on Trainor's most recent album, Title didn't fail to exceed our expectations either.


Enjoy the music video !!! :3 


Here are our opinions :- 

Sherman
I don't usually go crazy over new music videos, but I just had to for this one because IT WAS AMAZING!!!

To start it of, this song began with a Meghan Trainor singing part of the chorus in a slow and soft voice which really made me curious on what this song had to offer (I'm not a huge fan of soft and slow songs). Questions like "Was the beat gonna be boring or catchy throughout the song ?" or "Am I gonna like this music video?" passed through my mind. I did not expect the song to explode into such a lively manner after what I had just heard at the beginning of the song. 

The beat throughout the whole song was awesome, I enjoyed it very much but there are also a few other factors which I like about this song. Firstly, the lyrics are straightforward and simple. This makes listening to this song fun as I know the meaning behind the lyrics, unlike some of those songs with super deep lyrics where you'll probably have to ponder over for hours before even getting close to understanding them. Besides that, I liked how the piano notes were played slightly louder at certain parts of the song, those were the parts which caught my attention the most and to be honest, it was my favourite part of the whole song. Last but not least, who can forget the male dancers/background singers dressed in pink. Their appearance in the song along with their catchy dance moves and humorous background lyrics (they mostly said "ahhhhh or ooooooo") made the song more lively than it already was.
Look at their suspenders, boaters and bow ties !
Well this song is pretty self explanatory. Meghan is in search for the perfect husband but it isn't easy looking for one and she has to go through many different candidates. The first guy who appeared failed as he treated Meghan too lady-like, the second was too much of a show off, I'm not quite sure about the third guy but I think Meghan dumped him because it looked as if he had to leave in the middle of their first date and somehow he managed to destabilize the boat, making Meghan feel like vomiting. In my opinion, Meghan finally settled with the guy who treated her just as how she would treat herself.

I really love this song, I listen to it now and then to brighten up my day. It's an amazing song and I definitely recommend YOU, the person reading this blog post right now to go check out the song. Once again thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed reading my opinion on this song. :)


 Brian Chan 
In my opinion,this song has a lot of hidden meaning for example:in some parts of the song is about Meghan trying to find the best husband according to her likings about how her husband should be like in the future.

For example in the music video, the first and second guy was not the type for Meghan because there either treating her too lady like while the second guy was showing off.The third guy was a total failure because he couldn't spend enough time with her as he just tried to run off on the first date while on the boat.In the end,The last guy which was the special guest(Charlie Puth) was pretty much the right guy for Meghan which she feels is the right husband.

I would also like to comment about how the song is sang in Meghan's amusing and sexy voice.I would say that Meghan sang this song like it was the end of the world.to be frank with you, i am not that type of person that goes crazy every time this song is played but when i hear this song being played on the radio or on youtube ; I would feel like the annual school holiday is here.To me this is one of her best song she has ever sang. Anyway thanks for reading my review.


Chun Hong

Hey guys, today I am here to give my opinion on the song 'Dear Future Husband' by Meghan Trainor.Honestly I am not a fan of Meghan Trainor, but when my friends, Brian and Sherman, played the song I was attracted and felt that the song was quite catchy. After watching the music video, I really loved it so I did more research on it and I found out that this song was recorded by Meghan Trainor for her debut at the studio album Title (2015). The song was co-written with and produced by Kevin Kadish (That is why this song is so catchy because this guy is cool!!) It peaked in the top ten of the record charts in Australia and South Africa. In the United States, the song peaked at number 14 on the Billboard Hot 100, while i  the United Kingdom it peaked at number 20. It also attracted 2.2 million views on YouTube in two days!!!! These are actually very good achievements.

What I like about this music video is that it really shows us the situation in reality. Lyrically, it consists themes of chivalry and marriage, and lists qualities that Trainor requires in a romantic suitor. Furthermore, this music video have a nice meaning. It is about how Meghan Trainor chooses her future husband and I think that it is really true that a girl should be careful while choosing her future husband because this decision will change her whole life. Other than this, I also agree with my classmate, Sherman, that the dancers/ background singers dressed in pink made the video very lively and fun. So, this is my opinion on this music video. Thank you for spending your time and I hope you enjoy it



Joke Of The Day #4

 Why did the cow go to outer space?
.
.
.
To visit the milky way!

1 comment: